Sunday 6 June 2010

Splash & Snuggles

Two days we've received at our home two very sweet rats, named Splash and Snuggles (hereafter referred to as S&S).
While I'm writting this blog entry, Snuggles is over my shoulder! =)

After they settled in in the guests room, I took them out their cage and put them on my bed, while I was working on my dissertation.

Initially they were quite happy just laying on my lap, but then Splash discovered the joys of tunneling under the quilt and they ended up both there, sniffing my feet, and asleep after a while! :P hehe

Yesterday night I've layed a piece of cotton on their cage, expecting to it turned into a nest in their little house on the next day (as my own rats used to do). To my astonishment they left it as it was, but used it as toilet instead! That is actually great, because it absorbs the wee and the smell, keeping the cage cleaner.

I've also given them an apple and the three of us were photographed while chilling out on the sofa.

I have also developed an alergy to them! :( My skin is covered with itchy white bubbles after a few minutes with them over me. The good thing is that, once I put them back on the cage it improves.

My new camera arrived just in time to take a few photos of and make a video of them. =)







No comments:

Post a Comment